As intrusive ads and traditional marketing become less effective, content marketing has become the #1 one marketing tool.
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach for creating valuable content that attract, acquire, engage and retain target audience.
The objective is driving profitable customer action.
By providing users with information that is in demand, content marketing has become the heart of many successful digital marketing campaigns of prominent brands like Microsoft and Cisco Systems.
B2C & B2B Content Marketing Advantages
1. Good Content Marketing Campaigns Increase Conversions.
The cited conversion statistics below reflect the impact of what a properly thought out content marketing strategy and well executed content marketing plan can achieve.
- Content marketers doubled the average site conversion rate (from 6 to 12%). (HubSpot)
- 61% of US online consumers decided to make a purchase after reading recommendations on a blog. Imagine how your conversion rates would be impacted if your blog articles were written after doing content marketing keyword research. (CMI)
- Content marketing ROI (return of investment) delivered were about 6 times higher than other digital marketing methods. (ABG Essentials)
- According Curata, 74% of companies surveyed said content marketing lead generation increased the number and quality of prospects entering their sales funnel.
- Videos are a great niche. They help deliver great content marketing ROI and significantly increase conversions, according to 72% of businesses surveyed. (CrazyEgg)
This encourages conversions as people feel more confident making decisions when they feel that they have taken into account all considerations.
Whether you are doing content marketing on Facebook, Instagram or Linkedin, make sure you let your audience know what you’d like them to do next
- making a purchase
- register for your event
- subscribe to your newsletter
Doing so will give them clarity and increase your conversions.
Content Marketing Strategy
2. Build Trust – Improve Brand Reputation
Customers nowadays have the luxury of choice to select brand that they know, like and trust.
In order to stay on top of their mind is to publish engaging content that serves as different touch point in their buying journey.
When more customized content is being publish on social media or on your website, it is much more easier to have them trust your business.
One of the plus point in content marketing is that, you are only one piece of content away from going viral.
This is the holy grail for most businesses.
Often time, when a piece of content go viral, there will be more eyeballs on that business.
This translate to free marketing and more sales.
3. SEO Content Strategy
Do you know that content creation is the number one method for improving SEO results?
The more relevant content you have on your website, the more search engine understand what your site represent.
This allows your site to be more authoritative in search engine eyes and therefore show up more frequent in organic search.
4. Cost-effective New Leads.
This is often a content marketing KPI (Key Performance Index).
Every successful business continually looks for new customers.
Unfortunately, small businesses often have the problem of having small budgets.
By focusing on inbound traffic where customers find you organically, you can lower your marketing costs by 62% as compared to traditional avenues.
By providing relevant content to your audience at different stages of their journey is essential.
Doing so will help solidify their trust in you.
Content Marketing for Businesses – Conclusion
Most people start their buying journey via content.
If you are not pushing out relevant content, your competitors will.
Relevancy breeds trust, builds branding and increases revenue.
If you ever would like to achieve all that while reducing your advertising cost, speak to our content marketing specialist.